Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. The privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
It explains how TVIL handles personal information that users provide through voluntary submissions and complies with the requirements of the applicable laws in India.
If you have further questions relating to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer by Phone +91 74000 80008 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU (PURPOSE)
By submitting your personal data in website of TVIL you explicitly consent to the use or disclosure of such personal data and information by TVIL for the purposes mentioned in this policy document in compliance of applicable laws in India. TVIL only collects personal information that is necessary for business purposes. We endeavour at all times to collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and to meet our users’ expectations that we will respect their right to control how their personal information is collected and used. TVIL collects personal information in many parts of its business.
- TVIL Membership: TVIL collects information about members at the time when a person first joins a programme and while a person is a member. The main categories of information we collect relate to a person’s general contact information, personal details such as age and gender, use of the programme, payment details, responses to surveys and other details, which are usually collected directly from the member.
- TVIL Resort Management: In its role of managing some resorts, TVIL collects personal information related to bookings and as necessary for other purposes related to the management of the resort facility. Further personal information may be collected in specific instances such as in the event of an incident occurring on site for legal and insurance reasons.
- TVIL collects information on individuals when they book their travel arrangements, in order to process the transaction and to fulfill booking requests with travel and tourism operators.
- TVIL also collects general business information relating to users and other individuals.
- Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
- This policy explains the main features of TVIL’s use of member and customer information and does not outline in detail the use of contractor and employee information.
Personal data are processed in observance of currently applicable regulations and in connection with our business as part of a survey of contact methods, or in order to process orders or your request. In addition, your data will also be used for promotional purposes, market research or to better tailor the electronic services of TVIL to its customers if you have previously given us your consent at the time of provisions of such data / information to TVIL. Naturally, you may partially or completely revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with membership services, such as exchanging your holiday accommodation entitlements. TVIL uses personal information in several different ways in operating our membership programmes and operating our business, and most of these uses are clear from the circumstances. We also use your personal information for internal quality assurance purposes.
TVIL provides personal information to resort operators in order to facilitate a booking that you have requested. Otherwise TVIL does not routinely disclose personal information, except where it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested such as to make bookings for your travel with airlines.
The information provided by you is also used for our business transactions with you and for our legitimate business interest.
We use your information including personal data in accordance with any consent you may have provided. You have the right to decline to provide your consent and, if consent is provided, to withdraw your consent at any time.
Subject to applicable laws and consent provided by you, we may disclose your information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, business partners and other third parties, for the purpose of our business or for our business transactions with you or for ensuring appropriate effective services to our members, customers and clients.
TVIL will not normally otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless it is:
- Required by law or in compliance with any legal process
- To respond to request from public and government authorities
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or other third parties
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of another TVIL member, any member of the public
- The assets and operations of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern
- When you provide your personal information to us, TVIL will give you the choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and changes to our products and services. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not contact you further for these purposes. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages we, our affiliates, or other third parties, may sustain.
In respect of information provided by you and consent given by you to us for processing of the same, you shall have the right to withdraw your consent, access your information, correct your information, delete your information or object to / restrict processing of such information, all by appropriately contacting us through the contact details provided in the website.
Like many businesses, TVIL uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of TVIL, such as mail houses, will sometimes have access to personal information held by TVIL and may use it on behalf of TVIL. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
TVIL AND MARKETING ACTIVITIES
- Remind you of your membership benefits and other details
- Provide you with updated information about our services or special promotions
- Provide you with other information about other products and services which you may have an interest in
Some of this information is necessary as part of our communication about the TVIL programme and is sent to all users. However, if you are receiving promotional information from TVIL and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list either by e-mailing at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
FOR OUR WEBSITE USER
TVIL is committed to high standards of data security with respect to information collected on our site. We offer SSL encryption, the industry standard security measures for transactions made over the Internet.
Users can also voluntarily subscribe to newsletters, offers and any official information via website, email, social media and other channel partners.
TVIL assumes full responsibility of its customer information in digital and non-digital formats
TVIL does not disclose/leak or share its customer information to un-authorized agencies.
We want to be sure you understand that accepting a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you.
Website tracking method used by TVIL
We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this website and to facilitate interest based advertising associated with your Google Account and other devices you use. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this website is transmitted to and stored by Google.
Your email address is required to subscribe to our blog and is stored exclusively for communication purposes. The address is not used for other services.
If you have any questions about TVIL blogs, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
From time to time, TVIL may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend, relative or any other person known to you, whether via the Internet, a stand-alone kiosk or mobile device. If you choose to use this feature, we may ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you represent that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
Further, we may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, data firms, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your public profile or your friends’ public profiles.
Sensitive Personal Data:
The term “sensitive personal data” refers to information related to your sex life, sexual orientation, biometric data, genetic data, transgender status, intersex status, caste or tribe, religious or political belief or affiliation; or any other category of data specified by applicable statutes. We do not generally collect such sensitive personal data and you are not supposed to disclose the same, unless it is volunteered by you.
YOU CAN ACCESS THE INFORMATION WE KEEP ABOUT YOU
You always have the right to receive information regarding your stored personal data, as well as regarding the purpose of the associated data processing. Information about stored data may be obtained from TVIL.
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access it. Any further additional details that we may hold about you can be requested by mailing us at email@example.com. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within 14 days. For security purposes, confirmation of your identity will be required prior to supply of this information.
CHANGING AND DELETING THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us through the contact details provided in the website and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TVIL endeavors to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. TVIL uses a sophisticated computer data network, and all access to the computers and system devices are password controlled. Employees can only gain access to data if they are authorised, and we maintain an audit log which records each time a file is accessed. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by TVIL.
Data is secured in a secure data center environment, with daily backups of all data taken and a copy of all data kept offsite. Our data network is totally private and not accessible over the Internet. We use sophisticated detection and intrusion technologies to ensure that there are no network security breaches.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Please note also that as a global business, TVIL may use overseas facilities to process or back up the information that it holds. As a result, we may store your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, we will only store information overseas as authorized by the Privacy Act and in keeping with our other commitments to safeguard your privacy.
We do not export data to unauthorized servers. We may sign up with tools, platforms, social media services, servers etc. and store information in the account owned by us also adhering to the privacy policies of the service providers.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM OR QUESTION
By using this site you consent to the collection and use of this information by TVIL